Article 1 (Personal information)
The term "personal information" as used in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information shall mean information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, phone number, contact information or other description contained in such information, and the information which enable the identification of the specific individual solely from the information(personally identifiable information) such as the data of appearances, fingerprints, voiceprints, and insurer number of health insurance card.
Article 2 (Collection and handling of personal information)
- We may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number and driver’s license number when the user registers with our service for use. Also, we may collect information related to transaction and payments records made between users and our business partners, which includes personal information of users, from our business partners (information providers, advertisers, advertisement distribution destinations, etc. Hereinafter referred as [partners]).
- Our company promises that the personal information collected will be treated properly under our strict management system.
Article 3 (Purpose of collecting and using personal information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information are as follows.
- To provide and operate our services
- To answer inquiries from users (including identity verification)
- To send an email to inform users about new features, updates, campaign info., etc. of the service users are using and other services that our company provides
- To contact users when needed and provide the necessary information such as maintenance, important notices, etc.
- To allow users to view change and delete the registered information and view their usage status
- To charge users for usage fees for paid services
- Purposes associated with the above purposes of use
Article 4 (Making changes to the purpose of use)
- Our Company may change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the changed purpose of use is relevant to that before the change.
- If the purpose of use is changed, the changed purpose of use shall be notified to the users by the method prescribed by our company or announced on this website.
Article 5 (Disclosure of personal information to third parties)
- Our company will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining prior consent from users except in the following cases when the disclosure is admitted by the Personal Information Protection Law and other relevant laws and regulations:
1.When it is necessary for the protection of human life, body or property, but it proves difficult to obtain the user’s consent.
2.When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or to promote sound development of children, but it proves difficult to obtain the user’s consent.
3.When our company is required to cooperate with national or local public organizations or a person or entity entrusted by them to perform their duties pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, and when performing the said duties is likely to be precluded if the consent of the user must be obtained.
4.When the following matters have been announced or disclosed beforehand, and our company has notified the Personal Information Protection Commission.
1.The fact that provision to third parties is included in purposes of use
2.Items of data to be provided to third parties
3.Means or method of provision to third parties
4.The fact that the provision of personal information to third parties will be terminated when requested by the user
5.A method of accepting requests of the user
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, persons receiving such personal information shall not fall under third party if any of the following items applies.
1.Cases in which our company entrusts another company to handle all or part of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use of such personal information
2.Cases in which personal information is provided associated with the business succession due to merger or other reasons
3.Cases in which personal information is jointly used with specific third parties and when the user in question has in advance been informed of the fact, personal information items shared, scope of sharing persons, the purpose of use and names of individuals or entities responsible for the personal information management, or the user in question is placed in a state where the person can easily know the above-mentioned information.
Article 6 (Disclosure of personal information)
- When requested by a user to disclose the said user’s personal information, our company will disclose it to the user without delay. However, if any of the following cases applies as a result of such disclosure, our company may not disclose all or part of the personal information, and if we decide not to disclose the information, we will notify the user to that effect without delay. For disclosure of personal information, a fee of 1,000 yen will be charged per case.
1.Cases in which there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the user or a third party
2.Cases in which there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper operations of our business
3.Cases in which disclosure violates other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle, information other than personal information, such as historical information and characteristics, will not be disclosed.
Article 7 (Correction and deletion of personal information)
- If the user's personal information owned by our company is incorrect, the user can request to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as [correction, etc.]) the personal information by the procedure specified by the Company.
- Upon receipt of a request from the user described in the preceding paragraph, if our company determines that it is necessary to respond to the request, our company shall correct the said personal information without delay.
- When our company has made a correction, etc., in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or has decided that the correction, etc., will not be made, our company shall notify the user of such without delay.
Article 8 (suspension of use of personal information, etc.)
- When our company receives requests of suspension or elimination (hereinafter referred to as [Suspensions]) of the use of personal information from users due to the fact that the personal information may be handled beyond the scope of purpose of use, or that it has been obtained by an illegal means, our company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- If it is deemed necessary to comply with the request based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, suspensions of the use of the personal information concerned will be applied without delay.
- In the event suspensions of the use of personal information have been performed based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or if our company has decided to not perform the suspensions, we shall notify the user accordingly without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding above two articles, when a large expenditure is required for suspensions of use or otherwise it is difficult to perform suspensions, and taking alternative measures is necessary to protect the rights and interest of users, those alternative measures will be taken if available.
Article 9 (Changes in private policy)
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notifying users, unless otherwise prescribed by laws and regulations and other matters specified otherwise in this policy.
Article 10 (Inquiry window)
For inquiries regarding this policy, please contact the following.
Address: 1-6, Minamikyuhojimachi 2 chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka 541-0058, JAPAN
Company name: Navibird, Inc.
President: Kazuya Yamanaka
Department: Marketing Department
※Last modified:June 2023